Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Birthday portraits










Long time no see! Unfortunately, I've been swamped with the day job but I have made 
some time to start a new little ritual... birthday portraits to document the last fleeting 
years of childhood. My eldest has already left the nest and it's made me realise I need 
to capture time with them while I can and treasure where we are now. 

These photos were taken exactly one year apart, and I'm amazed at the difference one 
year can make. 

Also, now that photo albums seem to be a thing of the past, it's a small way of keeping
a curated record of sorts I think :) Do you still keep a photo album? How do you document 
the years?

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kylie. I have to admit about being very bad about documenting the years apart from on my phone. I have too many years of catching up to make photo books that it is such a mammoth task to now do. I should take a year off and get it all in order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha :) Thanks Karen - yes, I totally agree. Kx

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous way to decorate a portrait, these look stunning. I am just starting to think about photo albums and how I'm going to work it all now that I'm pregnant. I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Megan! Congratulations on your forthcoming bubba :) Happy times and yes, documenting the years is a must... they go by soooo quickly, believe me ;) Kx

      Delete
  3. Really cool. It looks so fresh with that sewing decorations on the photos. I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete